Posted: August 16, 2021
The Scottish Rowing Performance Programme provides targeted support to the leading Scottish rowers who have both the potential and drive to represent the GB Rowing Team at under 23 and senior level.
Scottish Rowing is now inviting expressions of interest from those athletes who meet the programme eligibility and performance standard as outlined below and wish to be considered for a place on the programme for the 2021-22 season.
Support available to athletes on the Scottish Rowing Performance Programme includes:
- Guidance and support from the Scottish Rowing performance team
- High performance expertise through the sportscotland institute of sport
- ‘Team Scotland’ support at GB Rowing Team Senior & Under 23 Trials
- Access to training at the Scottish Rowing Centre and performance team equipment
- Scottish Rowing performance teamwear
- Member of a Scottish Rowing affiliated club
- Hold a British passport; and
- Be prepared to classify as Scottish on the UK Sport World Class Programme (WCP)
Additionally, athletes must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- Be born in Scotland
- Have one or more parents born in Scotland
- Have been resident in Scotland for a minimum of three years
Athletes on the Scottish Rowing Performance Programme should be committed to the GB Rowing Team Senior & Under 23 trials process and be able to demonstrate that they can achieve the required ergometer standards.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by no later than Monday 23 August using the following online form:
Athletes or coaches who wish to have an informal discussion about the programme can contact Lee Boucher, Scottish Rowing Head of Performance Pathway.