Posted: 6 August 2021
Scottish Rowing is seeking to appoint a Finance Director to join its voluntary Board of Directors. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to get involved in shaping the future of rowing in Scotland.
Scottish Rowing is the Governing Body for rowing in Scotland. Its vision is to support and empower people in Scotland to enjoy rowing and achieve their potential. We are currently going through our regular strategic review to agree the priorities for the next 3 years and the plans to ensure rowing in Scotland is healthy, inclusive and successful.
As Finance Director you will provide strategic leadership and direction over the Company’s financial affairs, delivering assurance of the financial health of its operations and ensuring the integrity of financial information sent to the Board and where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions.
The Board meets up to eight times each year including the AGM and planning days. The successful candidate should also expect to commit up to 2-3 hours per month.
The post is non-remunerated although travel and meeting expenses will be reimbursed according to Scottish Rowing’s policies and procedures.
The post is accountable to the membership of Scottish Rowing through the Board of Directors, with a direct report to the President of Scottish Rowing as required.
The term of office for this post is three years.
In addition to the general duties and responsibilities of a Director, as Finance Director you will act as the Lead for the Board on all financial matters including:
- providing financial input and challenge to strategic planning and decision making;
- confirming that financial information provided to the Board by the business is robust, timely and enables the Directors to understand and manage financial risk to t
- working with the COO and staff where appropriate to provide assurance to the Board that the company is compliant with relevant statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Chairing such sub-committees of the Board as are deemed necessary and appropriate
- Demonstrable finance experience, ideally with a recognised accountancy qualification.
- Knowledge of the financial requirements for small businesses.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to support, challenge and manage relationships with staff and other Board Members.
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity.
- Knowledge of the funding structures for sport in Scotland and within the UK.
- Experience as a Director, Trustee or Committee Member in a commercial, charitable or public sector context.
To apply for the position please email a short CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are the right person for the role. This will be followed up by a short meeting with a Scottish Rowing Nominations Committee.
Scottish Rowing is committed to appointing solely on the basis of candidates’ ability to do the job for which they are being recruited and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We ask that you e-mail your CV and covering letter marked private and confidential to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3rd September 2021. Nominations Committee meetings will be held during the week commencing 13th September 2021.
For further information about Scottish Rowing please visit our website: www.scottish-rowing.org.uk
This vacancy is not open to anyone who has been disqualified from holding a Directorship in a Limited Company.