PROJECT RIO IS HERE, READY TO HELP YOU
Want a new challenge this summer? Or just want to find a new sport? Then why not try rowing.
Project Rio is a Scottish Rowing initiative, funded by Awards for All, aimed at making it easier for members of the public to find their local rowing clubs and get into the sport. We have nearly 20 clubs signed up to the three-part project and they want to hear from you.
Project Rio might sound serious, but the main objective is for people to have fun and meet new people, whilst learning a new skill. The project has three parts that you can sign up to and they are as follows;
Project Rio has 3 key elements;
- National Come and Try Week
- A Scotland wide event running from 18th-26th June, where you can go along to your local club and have a taste of the sport – FIND OUT MORE HERE
- Learn2Row Courses
- Clubs will deliver 6 learn to row sessions that will support those new to the sport in a effective, fun and safe way. The Project Rio Learn2Row Courses will come with limited edition awards for participants to earn over the 6 sessions.
- Sessions will cost participants £5 a session. - MORE INFO ON ALL THE CURRENT DATES HERE
- Rio Regatta
- A one off regatta event on Saturday 24th September. The Rio Regatta will be a fun-filled conclusion to Project Rio and we hope to see as many people there to support the event as possible. - MORE INFO HERE
Clubs that have currently signed up to Project Rio are:
Aberdeen Boat Club
Aberdeen Schools Rowing Association
Aberdeen University Boat Club
Castle Semple Rowing Club
Clyde Amateur Rowing Club
Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club
Dundee University Boat Club
Eastern Amateur Coastal Rowing Club
George Heriot's School Rowing Club
George Watson's Rowing Club
Glasgow Rowing Club
Glasgow Schools Rowing Club
Heriot Watt University Boat Club
Inverness Rowing Club
Loch Lomond Rowing Club
Nithsdale Amateur Rowing Club
Robert Gordon University Boat Club
St Andrew Boat Club
Stirling Rowing Club
Stirling University Boat Club
Strathclyde Park Rowing Club
Tay Rowing Club
University of St Andrews Boat Club
Project Rio is funded by Awards for All and delivered to clubs by Scottish Rowing.
Go to our Clubfinder page for a map of all of our affiliated clubs and their contact details.