Posted: June 24, 2015
We are running the UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rowing in Aberdeen on the weekends of the 5th & 6th and 13th & 14th of September. To be sure of a place on this course you must have filled in the application form and returned it to Scottish Rowing by the 10th of July. We are running a number of the prerequisites in the weeks before the course begins.
The Level 2 Certificate in coaching rowing is the first course for coaching individuals on the water. It is aimed at beginner coaches, and is applicable to coaches working with all groups from novices through to competent rowers.
- The course cost is £450 including admin per candidate
- The minimum age of candidates is 18
- The maximum number of candidates is 12
- The minimum number of candidates is 6
The course will be run over 2 weekends and consists of 36 hours of face to face tutoring and internal assessments.
Dates: 5th & 6th September – 12th & 13th September 2015
Venue: Aberdeen - venue tbc
- Complete the Safety Basics online risk assessment module (on RowHow, British Rowing)
- Complete the online Cold water and Hypothermia course (on RowHow, British Rowing)
- Attend the Capsize and Man Overboard workshop
- Attend the Safeguarding and protecting Children workshop (or have a valid Sports Coach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children Certificate within 3 years of the course commencing).
- Attend an Emergency Aid course (or have a valid First Aid Certificate within 3 years of the course commencing).
In addition to the course pre requisites you must:
Be or become a Scottish Rowing member. Non-members can apply online for an instant coaches membership through the Scottish Rowing website provided they are a member of a Scottish Rowing Club affiliated to Scottish Rowing.
Payment for £450 should be made by cheque payable to Scottish Rowing and sent to:
Coaching, Scottish Rowing, The Scottish Rowing Centre, 366 Hamilton Road, Motherwell ML1 3ED