Posted: February 17, 2015
Twenty-three Scottish or Scotland-connected rowers made the journey to Boston in Lincolnshire at the weekend for the GB Rowing Team 3rd Assessment. The 5k water trial in small boats was for those British rowers aspiring for selection for Senior and Under 23 teams in 2015.
Strong Scottish performances were recorded across all 5 boat classes with the leading Scottish performances in each as follows:
• Men's openweight coxless pair - Alan Sinclair (Leander Club, with Nathaniel Reilly-O'Donnell) - 3rd
• Men's openweight single scull - Angus Groom (Leander Club) - 7th
• Women's openweight single scull - Katherine Grainger (St Andrew BC / Marlow RC) - 2nd
• Men's lightweight single scull - Gregor Maxwell (Edinburgh University BC / Stirling University BC) - 15th
• Women's lightweight single scull - Maddie Arlett (Edinburgh University BC) - 8th
Full results can be found in the attached documents (with Scottish rowers highlighted).
The next stage of the trialling process will be the GB Rowing Team Senior and Under 23 Trials at Caversham from the 17-19 April for invited rowers only.
Scottish Rowing is proud to be supported by sportscotland, the sportscotland institute of sport, Winning Students and SportsAid Scotland.