Posted: December 17, 2015
Scottish Rowing is running a UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rowing course in March 2015.
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rowing is the first award for coaching individuals on the water. It is aimed at beginner coaches, and is applicable to coaches working with all groups from novices through to competent rowers.
Course Cost: £450 including admin per candidate (a 50% refund is available to SR members who complete within 12 months)
Minimum age: 18 years old
Maximum Number of Candidates: 12
Course Duration: The Level 2 course consists of 36 hours of face-to-face tutoring and internal assessments
Dates: 21st, 22nd, 28th and 29th March 2015
Venue: Scottish Rowing Centre, 366 Hamilton Road, Motherwell, ML1 3ED
• Complete the Safety Basics online risk assessment module (on RowHow, British Rowing)
• Complete the online Cold Water & Hypothermia course (on RowHow, British Rowing)
• Attend the Capsize & Man Overboard workshop
• Attend the Safeguarding & Protecting Children workshop (or have a valid Sports Coach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children Certificate within 3 years of the course commencing).
• Attend an Emergency Aid course (or have a valid First Aid Certificate within 3 years of the course commencing).
In addition to the course pre requisites you must:
• Be or become a Scottish Rowing member. Non-members can apply online for an instant coaches membership through the Scottish Rowing website provided they are a member of a Scottish Rowing Club affiliated to Scottish rowing.
Payment for £450 should be made by cheque payable to Scottish Rowing and sent by post to:
Coaching, Scottish Rowing, the Scottish Rowing Centre, 366 Hamilton Road, Motherwell ML1 3ED
First Aid Course
Scottish Rowing will be running a first Aid course on Sunday 8th February at the Scottish Rowing Centre, Motherwell. This is a pre-requisite to the UKCC Level 2 Coaching Rowing course. It is also a requirement for all coaches operating in Scottish Rowing Clubs to have attended a First Aid course every three years therefore an ideal opportunity for coaches to top up where required.
For more information on this course please email email@example.com