(Fixed term, part-time)
Scottish Rowing is the governing body for rowing in Scotland and our vision is to support and empower people in Scotland to enjoy rowing and reach their potential. The Scottish Rowing Centre (“the Centre”) is a training facility owned and operated by Scottish Rowing for the benefit of the sport. Our vision is for the Centre to be “the home of Scottish Rowing”.
Following an extensive upgrade of the Centre in 2019 and with the support of sportscotland, we are seeking to recruit a part time business manager with a strong background and breadth of experience in sport and the provision of sport, combined with an entrepreneurial mindset, to develop and implement a new business model for the Centre with the aim of increasing rowing activity and growing revenue.
Terms and Conditions
Part time (20 hours per week) fixed tem post (18 months). Competitive salary dependent on experience.
The post holder will have the following key areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement a realistic, deliverable, financially sustainable medium-term business plan for the Centre
- Increase the financial and sporting contribution made by the Centre to the overall objectives of Scottish Rowing by:
- Working with the Scottish Rowing performance and development staff to design and secure funding for rowing programmes working with external partners (e.g. schools, HE/FFE sector, youth/community groups) in the Centre aligned to Scottish Rowing’s strategic objectives; and
- Identifying and securing new income streams for the Centre
- Support Scottish Rowing staff in programming core activity in the centre (performance development camps, outreach activity, events, courses etc.)
- Recruit and manage sessional staff to deliver activities if required
- Optimise use of the centre by implementing systems for effective programming and management of the space and facilities
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer to review and where necessary update the current appropriate operating policies and procedures in the Centre ensuring the Centre complies with all relevant health and safety requirements.
We are committed to selecting staff solely on the basis of their ability to do the job for which they are being recruited and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. It is an offence therefore to apply if you are barred from working with children. The Successful applicant will be required to become a PVG scheme member or update their scheme record if already a scheme member.
Please see the candidate description for details of the essential and desirable criteria for this role.
Applicant to return completed application form and CV by email to email@example.com, or by post to Scottish Rowing, Strathclyde Park, 366 Hamilton Road, Motherwell, ML1 3ED.
An equality monitoring form should also be completed and returned by post to the above marked Private and Confidential.
For more information about this role or for an informal discussion please contact Amanda Cobb on 01698 250206.
Applications for this position close at noon on Friday 20th March 2020.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 2nd April 2020.