Posted: August 4, 2017
Regional Development Manager (West)
Two year fixed term contract with the option to extend subject to funding
37 hours pw, Salary £22,000 - £25,000 Pro Rata (dependant on experience)
Scottish Rowing is the Governing Body for rowing in Scotland. It promotes participation in rowing by both men and women, at every age and level of ability. Scottish Rowing is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to fill the role of Regional Development Manager for the West Region.
The Regional Development Manager will be accountable to the National Coaching and Development Manager and will be responsible for delivering the elements of the Scottish Rowing strategic plan with respect to development of the sport in the West region. Key partners will include:
• Sportscotland Regional Sporting Partnership
• Local Authorities
• Local Authority Leisure Trusts
• HE/FE institutions
• Active Schools
• Volunteers and coaches.
• Other Regional Networks and Partners
The post will be based at the Scottish Rowing Office in Motherwell and will involve travel across the region which includes Glasgow, Renfrewshire, Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire, Dumfries and Galloway, North and South Lanarkshire.
This post is funded by Sportscotland and is initially a two year appointment with the possibility of extension subject to long term funding commitments.
Provide support to Sportscotland and Local Authority and partner funded Rowing programmes in line with the Scottish Rowing strategic plan.
Through the Development of a Regional Group
• Assist clubs in the West Region to increase their capacity and grow junior and senior membership numbers.
• Identify coach education and development needs and facilitate access to appropriate training.
• Identify volunteer training needs and facilitate access to training. Work with clubs in the West Region to ensure clear and sustainable development plans are in place which are aligned to Scottish Rowing’s strategic plans.
• Identify and support the development of new club opportunities/rowing locations in the region.
• Consulting with key stakeholders develop and maintain a regional plan for rowing development in the West Region and report on targets and outcomes in the plan.
• Build strong and productive partnerships with and between clubs, LA’s, sportscotland regional partners, Active Schools and Outdoor Education representatives, FE/HE institutions and community groups which positively impact the delivery of the Scottish Rowing strategic plans.
• Work with all key partners to develop clear pathways for rowing in the West region.
• Ensure clubs and other local programmes have robust and consistent membership/participation monitoring systems in place.
Other Responsibilities will include
• Supporting Scottish Rowing Events when required
• Take a lead role on national development initiatives where appropriate
• Any other reasonable tasks that Scottish Rowing requires.
Applicant to return completed application form, CV and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form by email to email@example.com, or by post to Scottish Rowing, Scottish Rowing Centre, 366 Hamilton Road, Motherwell, ML1 3ED.
In accordance with Scottish Rowing's Child Protection Policy, the successful candidate will be appointed subject to membership of the PVG Scheme.
Applications for this position close at noon on Friday 18th August 2017.
Interviews will be held at the Scottish Rowing Centre, on the week commencing 28th August 2017.
Scottish Rowing is committed to selecting staff solely on the basis of their ability to do the job for which they are being recruited, and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Full information for this post is available to download below: